Picking is the most labour-intensive operation within a distribution center (DC), making it one of the most popular supply chain processes to improve with voice technology.
Voice-directed solutions unlock a myriad of benefits thanks to their hands-free, eyes-up workflow. Workers can focus more on selecting the right item the first time and not have to worry about handling paperwork as well. Honeywell Voice enables associates to make better use of their hands, move through the DC quicker and pick orders with a higher accuracy rate. This approach increases productivity and throughput, which in turn, helps DCs meet growing customer demands such as next-day or same-day delivery.
Can voice automation enable a DC to meet ever increasing requirements for omnichannel fulfillment while enhancing accuracy, productivity and profitability? Answer these six questions to determine if voice-directed workflows are right for you.
- Do your existing manual picking processes increase costs and delay order fulfillment and delivery because of picking errors?
- Do employees spend too much time handling paper order forms and finding the right pick locations?
- Does your company experience significant turnover and other labor costs?
- Is your company experiencing workplace injuries due to distractions?
- Can your company fully comply with inventory control regulations and meet sustainability goals?
- Do you wish you had greater visibility into inventory levels?
Honeywell works with DCs of all sizes across a wide variety of industries worldwide, bringing a deep foundational understanding of businesses, backed with expert research and data that identifies the real, specific needs of today’s DCs.
With over 130 years of on-the-ground experience, Honeywell is equipped to help solve the problems that businesses faces every day, see improved results, and be a trusted partner to help reach and exceed your predetermined goals.
For more information about Honeywell Voice, visit https://sps.honeywell.com/us/en/software/productivity/order-picking-fulfillment/voice-picking.