Wincanton recently launched W2 Labs – a new programme aimed at challenging start-ups from around the world to develop innovative solutions to logistical challenges. Attend the SHD Logistics Conference at London's BMA House on 4 May to learn how the programme is harnessing game chaning technology.
Wincanton's Marcos Hart joins expert speakers at the SHD Logistics Spring Conference to deliver the following session:
Tomorrow’s logistics: harnessing the power of cross-sector innovation
Wincanton, the largest British logistics company, recently launched W2 Labs – a new programme aimed at challenging start-ups from around the world to develop innovative solutions to logistical challenges. Marcos Hart, Business Optimisation and Transformation Director at Wincanton, outlines the programme and discusses why collaborating with start-ups from outside the logistics world is key to the sector harnessing the game-changing potential of new digital technologies.
Marcos Hart, Optimisation and Transformation Director, Wincanton
Marcos has held the position of Business Optimisation and Transformation Director at Wincanton, the largest British logistics company, since April 2016. In this role Marcos leads initiatives for health and safety, sustainability, business optimisation, transformation, efficiency and innovation across the Group. Previously, Marcos held the position of Project and Risk Director at Wincanton from October 2014 to April 2016. Prior to joining the Group, Marcos held senior positions in Carillion, Fujitsu and Severn Trent Water.
Other speakers on the day include:
• Intralogistics Automation: Imagine the future, James Sharples, Managing Director, Swisslog (UK)
• Retail focused click and collect, Ged Keogh-Peters, Director Supply Chain Strategy, John Lewis Partnership & Richard Ball, Transport Director, Clipper Logistics
• Blockchain, Big Data & The Internet of Things, Prof. Samir S Dani, University of Huddersfield
• Notre Dame vs the FBI: Sourcing technology from outside logistics, Dave Walmsley, Managing Director, Palletways & Luis Zubialde, chief operating officer, Palletways
• Technology in logistics - what future for workers? Jon Sleeman, Director EMEA and UK Logistics Research at JLL.
Venue: BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JP
Date: Thursday 4 May 2017
Time: 9.30 - 16.30
Price: £295 + VAT (earlybird special offer of £245+VAT until 31 March 2017)