The SHD Logistics Spring Conference - Transforming Logistics Through Technology - takes place on 4 May 2017 at London's BMA House. Jon Sleeman, director EMEA and UK Logistics Research at JLL, explores the impact of technology on warehouse workers.
Attend the Spring Conference on 4 May to hear the following conference from Jon:
Technology in logistics - what future for workers?
The rise of automation and robotics in warehouses plus autonomous vehicles are expected to transform logistics but what will these technologies mean for warehouse workers and drivers? Employment in logistics has grown strongly over recent years and labour shortages are a major issue currently. Will this change? Which technologies are likely to affect logistics operations the most and what role will labour play?
• The importance of labour in logistics currently, particularly the growth of employment in warehouses.
• Future workforce scenarios - how is the UK’s workforce likely to change?
• How will disruptive technologies change future demand for logistics labour?
Jon Sleeman, Director EMEA and UK Logistics Research, JLL
Jon leads JLL’s EMEA and UK research into logistics focusing on how new trends are reshaping supply chains and demand for warehouse buildings. Recently he has undertaken a number of studies into the supply of labour for property developers, investors and occupiers, reflecting concerns about labour shortages. Jon studied logistics and supply chain management at Cranfield University. He is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
Other speakers on the day include:
• Intralogistics Automation: Imagine the future, James Sharples, Managing Director, Swisslog (UK)
• Autonomous vehicles and future opportunities, Andrew Cameron, Director, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
• Retail focused click and collect, Ged Keogh-Peters, Director Supply Chain Strategy, John Lewis Partnership & Richard Ball, Transport Director, Clipper Logistics
• Blockchain, Big Data & The Internet of Things, Prof. Samir S Dani, University of Huddersfield
• Notre Dame vs the FBI: Sourcing technology from outside logistics, Dave Walmsley, Managing Director, Palletways & Luis Zubialde, chief operating officer, Palletways
Venue: BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JP (map),
Date: Thursday 4 May 2017
Time: 9.30 - 16.30
Price: £295 + VAT (earlybird special offer of £245+VAT until 31 March 2017)