As the deadline approaches (this friday) for entries to the SHD Logistics Awards, we thought we'd flag up some FAQs, to encourage you to ENTER NOW.
1. Can we have an extension? We just need to get it approved.
We're sure that can be arranged, just email email@example.com. Hopefully at this point, you have almost finished writing your entry. Please make sure it includes: the relevant figures, to ensure our panel of experts can judge exactly how your operations have improved. (Numbers which show improvement in: picking accuracy, carbon reduction, increase in KUS/profit/investment - against last year - should be included).
2. I'm a supplier, can I enter?
The Awards focus on operational excellence, not on product. However, we do recognise that products and services supplied to the warehouse and logistics industry, are integral to operational excellence. Suppliers may enter with a client, providing the entry focuses on operations. Did we mention the Awards focus on operations? Operations...
3. Do we have to pay to enter?
Not a penny.
4. I want to edit my entry, how do I do it?
If you want to edit the entry you have submitted, you can't. You simply need to enter it again. We will delete the original entry. Please notify us that you have re-submitted the entry by emailing Natalia.Kay@informa.com.
5. There are certain extracts from our entry which we don't want published. Do we have any control over this?
Good question. We reserve the right to publish extracts from your entry for publishing purposes, however, once finalists are announced, we will contact them to confirm they are happy for us to do so. We're nice like that.
6. I have some questions about my entry. Who can I call?
You can call Kirsty Adams on 020 017 7122.
7. What are the judges looking for?
Last year, our favourite judges' comment was:" Isn't that just their job?". Your entry needs to show oustanding achievements - not just day-to-day operations.
8. Who will attend the event?
In 2014, the SHD Logistics Awards attracted intralogistics and supply chain professionals from leading retailers, manufacturers and logistics operators including: Potter Logistics, Poundland, Norbert Dentressangle, Marks & Spencer, Europa Worldwide Logistics, Babcock International, Travis Perkins, Unipart Logistics, Eddie Stobart and Jaguar Land Rover.
71% of guests were directors or managers, responsible for planning, specifying, installing, maintaining and operating distribution centres, warehouses and storage facilities across the UK’s supply chain.
9. Is there any other facts we should consider entering?
Yes. Numbers are very helpful.
• How many product lines/skus do you have?
• What is your annual logistics and supply chain budget?
• What are your pick rate figures?
• Who are your key customers?
10. Who is presenting the Awards?
For 2014 we had comedian/actor/writer/presenter Miles Jupp hosting our awards, and he was so so, so so, so good, that it's made selecting a host for 2015 a tough task. But fear not. In 2015, our host, also an accomplished comedian/writer/presenter, is equally as brilliant. But we're not telling you who it is just yet...