Whether you are purchasing a single pallet truck or multiple forklifts, material handling equipment represents a significant investment for any business, so it’s crucial to:
- Identify your business and operation’s needs
- Understand exactly what you’re paying for
- Consider the total cost of ownership
Read on to learn how to assess your application requirements, balance acquisition and fuel costs, and discover the different types of electric pallet trucks currently offered by TCM.
What are pallet trucks used for?
Pallet trucks (available from TCM in both pedestrian and ride-on versions) are designed to carry and move pallets around a warehouse. They’re ideal for use in small spaces and can be used for tasks including stock floor replenishment.
You might wish to opt for a ride-on pallet if you need to move pallets across a longer distance. They can also be used for loading pallets into the back of lorries, provided there’s a loading bay with a dock-leveler nearby.
Why opt for an electric pallet truck?
Balancing the cost of buying a forklift with its subsequent fuel costs is crucial to keeping the total cost of ownership down. In fact, running costs and the cost of your operation can be much more significant than the cost of the actual machine.
For example, electric trucks are typically more expensive to purchase upfront than their ICE counterparts due to including a battery and charger. However, electric trucks also offer numerous long-term benefits:
- Compared to ICE forklifts, electric trucks offer lower energy consumption, reducing fuel costs
- Electric forklifts produce lower CO2 emissions, making them perfect for businesses looking to reduce their carbon footprint
- Electric trucks are quieter than diesel-powered forklifts, facilitating a safer and more productive operating environment
- Electric trucks are easier to operate than engine trucks, and with less moving parts, they’re less likely to break down
All of these factors result in a lower total cost of ownership in the long run.
To maximise productivity, we recommend altering your operators’ shift patterns accordingly. This will be a significant adjustment for operations used to working 24/7 — but with today’s technology — you can have either a spare battery or opportunity charge to reduce overall costs.
TCM electric pallet trucks
Our PTL, PTM and LL series electric pallet trucks are designed with the operator in mind, to navigate a variety of warehouse sizes with ease. Here are three of the pallet truck models we currently offer at TCM:
PTL Offset Tiller Arm (24v, 2.0t MAX CAP)
The TCM PTL truck is the perfect pedestrian pallet truck for operators working in confined spaces, using a variety of load carriers in challenging environments (including cold store).
The PTL is ideal for shop floor replenishing, occasional order picking, and short-distance internal transport, for example in warehouses, supermarkets, or even production areas.
- Robust construction and durability for non-stop performance
- Low chassis prevents foot injuries and enhances visibility
- Easy battery changes for extended work cycles / multi-shift operations
Double pallet configuration for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Narrow PTL handles slopes and ramps with ease
- Tight turning circle
- Offset tiller arm enables the operator to walk beside the truck, improving safety and visibility
- Cost-efficient — managing almost any load in high-intensity applications with ease
- Optimised performance thanks to the powerful AC motor, enabling top speeds
PTR & PTM Ride-On Pallet Truck (24v, 2.5t MAX CAP)
The TCM PTR/PTM are high performance low-lifter trucks equipped with a 5-point chassis that provides complete stability, even at high speed. Their compact designs enable complete maneuverability in tight spaces, and are perfectly suited to loading/unloading, internal transport, and general warehousing duties.
The PTM is one of our most popular electric pallet trucks and can be used in distribution, warehousing, and cross-docking environments.
- Durable fold-down driver platform and ergonomic side guards, maximising safety
- Low chassis helps to prevent foot injuries
- Optional fixed driver protected platform
- Power steering
- Easy battery changes, making them ideal for extended work cycles / multi-shift operations
- Cost-effective and able to manage almost any conceivable load with ease
- Powerful AC motor enabling top speeds, fast throughput, and high cycle times
- Driver-tailored performance settings aid the driver and prevent unauthorised use
LLR & LLS Sit-On, Sit-In Pallet Mover (24v, 3.0t MAX CAP)
The TCM LLR/LLS is a low-lifter forklift truck designed for internal transport in heavy-duty industrial operations. The truck is ideal for long cycles and heavy goods flows. This stand-in low-lifter forklift has a wide variety of customisable options that allow you to handle a variety of loads with ease.
The LLR/LLS versions give excellent all-round visibility, ease of operation, and comfort, making this truck the perfect partner for more intensive operations.
- Forklift driver compartment enables easy access to controls and power steering during long shifts
- Ergonomic, natural standing position provides operator protection and all-round visibility in either direction
- Stand-on version facilitates an ergonomic operator position
- Compact design makes the LLR/LLS ideal for confined spaces
- Able to manage almost any conceivable load in heavy-duty applications with ease
- Cost-effective, optimised performance thanks to the powerful AC motor
- Easy battery changes — perfect for multi-shift operations
- Driver-tailored settings ensure a safe and efficient operation
To discover our full electric pallet truck range today, click here.
TCM electric pallet trucks
The final step is choosing the right material handling solutions provider.
At TCM, we view truck sales as a long-term strategic partnership. As a result, we take a consultative approach to understand your operations, processes, and workforce, and bring in factors including servicing and maintenance when assessing the total cost of ownership.