Entries to The Logistics Awards have been strong so far, and some interesting questions have also been raised. Here's some FAQs on The Logistics Awards. Entry deadline: 19 May 2017.
1. Has the deadline gone?
No it hasn't. The deadline is the 19 May. Hopefully at this point, you have already written your entry, someone has checked it includes the relevant figures, to ensure our panel of experts can judge exactly how your operations have improved. (Numbers which show improvement in: picking accuracy, carbon reduction, increase in SKUS/profit/investment - against last year - should be included).
2. I'm a supplier, can I enter?
As an operations-focused Awards, suppliers of products can only enter in conjunction with customers, and will not be announced as finalists (only the operator will be announced).
3. Do we have to pay to enter?
No, entry is free.
4. I want to edit my entry, how do I do it?
If you want to edit the entry you have submitted, you can't. You simply need to enter it again. We will delete the original entry. Please notify us that you have re-submitted the entry by emailing Natalia.Kay@informa.com.
5. There are certain extracts from our entry which we don't want published. Do we have any control over this?
Good question. We reserve the right to publish extracts from your entry for publishing purposes, however, once finalists are announced, we will contact them to confirm they are happy for us to do so. We're nice like that.
6. Can you take a look at our entry before the 19 May?
Absolutely. Please send them to email@example.com.
7. What are the judges looking for?
Last year, our favourite judges' comment was, "isn't that just their job?." Your entry needs to show oustanding achievements - not just day-to-day operations.
Benefits of being a finalist include:
• Highlighted on the @shdlogistics Twitter account (8,000+ followers)
• Inclusion in a preview article published in SHD Logistics Magazine (12,000 circulation)
• Your entry announced in front of 450 logistics professionals at The Logistics Awards
• Your project featured in the Awards Programme and in a published Event Review
• Receive exclusive digital artwork, including a finalist logo
Venue: Grange St. Paul's Hotel
Date: Thursday 21 September 2017
Entry to Awards opens: 3 March 2017
Entry to Awards close: 19 May 2017
Contact: Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7017 7122
To enter visit: www.shdlogistics.com/awards