Ladderstore has recently fulfilled a contract to provide 45 Mobile Double Decker Vehicle Access Steps for City Link, one of the UK’s leading premium express delivery companies.
Safety while loading and unloading vehicles is a high priority for City Link. In 2008 its Health & Safety Department noticed unsafe access and egress to the top decks of curtain sided double deck trailers if goods became loose or separated on the top deck. The company turned to Ladderstore.com to develop a bespoke and mobile access step to provide safe access to single and double deck articulated trailers and 7.5 tonne vehicle beds.
Karen Farr (head of safety health & environment for City Link) comments, “The process could not have been simpler. Ladderstore took our brief and suggested further improvements until we had exactly what we needed. Five units were purchased for our initial evaluation and on the strength of that, we ordered a further 40. I was impressed by the company’s evident knowledge and understanding of our needs and its ability to arrange delivery to the 45 depots”.
Mobile Double Decker Vehicle Access Steps can also be individually tailored to meet specific requirements, however the key benefits of the City Link steps comprise:
- Easy to move and position
- Strong welded construction with punched metal treads 550mm wide (anti-slip PVC tread and extra wide also available).
- First platform with gate exit to the right for single deck access;
- Second platform with a gate exit to the back;
- Unique immobilising system;
- Tested to a safe working load of 300kg.