The entrant portal for the International Forklift of the Year (IFOY) Award closes its doors on Friday 6th November. Until then, manufacturers of MHE vehicles as well as providers of intralogistics solutions in all fields can register.
Afterwards the entrants must finalise their entry in three weeks before the international jury - which contains SHD Logistics editor Peter MacLeod in its ranks - then nominates the finalists.
Entries are possible in eight categories:
- Counter Balanced Truck up to 3.5 tonnes
- Counter Balanced Truck from 3.51 tonnes
- Special Vehicle: forklifts and vehicles for special tasks: container stackers, transportable forklifts, heavy-load forklift from 8.1 tonnes, special vehicle manufacturing etc.
- Warehouse Truck "highlifters": materials handling equipment from the second shelving level like high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, pedestrian-controlled highlift trucks, order-picking trucks etc.
- Warehouse Truck "lowlifters": materials handling equipment up to first shelving level like pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, order-picking trucks etc.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) and Shuttles: shuttle systems, driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
- Intralogistics Solution: a warehouse concept that has been successfully realised at the customer's location. An intralogistics system or software solution in the context of the application options like warehouse management systems, logistics software, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems etc.
- Special of the Year: the award goes to a component/technical detail that significantly improves economics or environment, the physical or psychological conditions for the user, like ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology etc.
The winners will be announced during the CeMAT opening ceremony in Hannover on 31st May 2016.
Click on the link below to download the IFOY 2016 infographic.