The entry phase for the IFOY Award is approaching the home stretch. Manufacturers of warehouse and material handling trucks as well as the providers of intralogistics services and software can enter their new vehicles and solutions for the leading international intralogistics award up to 18th November, 2016.
The machines and solutions that come through what is known to be the toughest selection procedure of all can claim to belong to the crème de la crème.
The total of eight categories covers virtually all areas of intralogistics. Besides the two traditional forklift categories "Counterbalanced Trucks up to 3.5t" and "over 3.5t", the "Special Vehicle" category is open to special-purpose vehicles, container stackers, transportable forklifts or heavy-load forklifts with capacities of over 8t.
Both "Warehouse Truck highlifter" and "Warehouse Truck lowlifter" are for trucks with a lifting height of below and above 6m. In addition, shuttle vehicles are also admitted to the "Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)" category.
The "Intralogistics Solutions" category does not focus on the vehicles but on planning and implementation expertise. The competition is open to successfully implemented integrated warehouse concepts or intralogistics systems or software solutions, such as warehouse management systems, logistics software, forklift guidance, driver assistant or fleet management systems, always within the context of a specific application.
Another feature is the "Special of the Year" category, with the emphasis on outstanding technical details or components that significantly improve cost efficiency, sustainability or the physical or psychological conditions for the user. Examples include ergonomic innovations like driver cabins or control elements, safety assistant solutions, automation components or new drive technologies.
Intralogistics providers can register for the competition at www.ifoy.org.
IFOY Award categories in 2017 at a glance
- Counterbalanced Truck up to 3.5t
- Counterbalanced Truck from 3.51t
- Special Vehicle: forklifts and vehicles for special tasks: container stackers, transportable forklifts, heavy-load forklift from 8.1t, special vehicle manufacturing etc.
- Warehouse Truck "highlifter": materials handling equipment above 6m lifting height like high-bay trucks, VNA trucks or reach trucks, medium- and high- order-picking trucks, etc.
- Warehouse Truck "lowlifter": materials handling equipment up to 6m lifting height like pedestrian-controlled lowlift trucks, lift trucks, tow tractors, tugger trains, low order-picking trucks etc.
- Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) and Shuttles: shuttle systems, driverless transport systems, automated/partially automated materials handling equipment in the context of the application options
- Intralogistics Solution: a warehouse concept that has been successfully realised at the customer's location. An intralogistics system or software solution in the context of the application options like warehouse management systems, logistics software, truck guidance systems, advanced driver assistance systems, fleet management systems etc.
- Special of the Year: the award goes to a component/technical detail that significantly improves economics or environment, the physical or psychological conditions for the user, like ergonomic innovations, safety assistant solutions, automation solutions, drive technology etc.
IFOY recognises the year's best materials handling equipment and intralogistics solutions. The aim of the organisation is to document the performance capability and innovative drive of the materials handling and intralogistics sector, helping to boost competitiveness and raise the profile of the entire intralogistics sector in the public arena.
The winners of the IFOY Award are selected once a year by an independent jury of international trade journalists. The sponsor of the IFOY Award is the VDMA Materials Handling and Intralogistics Sector Association. Partners are the Deutsche Messe with the CeMAT trade fair for intralogistics in Hannover and the Munich fair with the transport logistic, bauma and IFAT. IFOY's pallet partner is CHEP, a global market leader in pallet pooling. IFOY's technology partner is the battery charging specialist Fronius. The patron of the IFOY Award is the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. The headquarters of the IFOY Organisation are in Unterföhring near Munich.
Members of the jury
- Vladimir Antonov, Editor-in-Chief of Sklad i Technika, (Russia)
- Snejina Badjeva, Editor-in-Chief LOGISTIKA magazine (Bulgaria)
- Dave Blanchard, Editorial Director Material Handling & Logistics/IndustryWeek (USA)
- Theo Egberts, IFOY tester and owner Buro Andersom/Andersom Testing (Netherlands, without voting rights)
- Harald Ehren, Editor-in-Chief Deutsche Logistik-Zeitung (DVZ) (Germany)
- Thilo Jörgl, Editor-in-Chief LOGISTIK HEUTE (Germany)
- Anders Karlsson, Editor-in-Chief Transport & Logistik iDag (Sweden)
- Klaus Koch, Editor-in-Chief Logistik&Fördertechnik, Handel Heute (Schweiz)
- Erik Kruisselbrink, Editor-in-Chief Logistiek Totaal (Netherlands)
- Allan Leibowitz, Editor-in-Chief forkliftaction.com (Australia)
- Valeria Lima de Azevedo Nammur, Publisher LOGWEB Magazin (Brazil)
- Øyvind Ludt, Editor-in-Chief Moderne Transport (Norway)
- Peter MacLeod, Editor-in-Chief SHD Logistics (United Kingdom)
- Bernd Maienschein, Editor-in-Chief MM Logistik (Germany)
- Marilena Matei, Editorial Manager Tranzit and Tranzit Logistica (Romania)
- Anton Mizunov, Editor-in-Chief Skladskoj Komplex (Logistics and Transport)(Russia)
- Maurizio Peruzzi, Editor-in-Chief Il Giornale della Logistica (Italy)
- Isabel Rodrigo, Editor-in-Chief Logística Profesional (Spain)
- Hans-Joachim Schlobach, Publisher-Editor and Editor-in-Chief BUSINESS+LOGISTIC (Austria)
- Sascha Schmel, Managing Director VDMA Materials Handling and Intralogistics Sector Association (without voting rights)
- Sabine Schulz-Rohde, Editor-in-Chief Beschaffung aktuell (Germany)
- Sebastian Śliwieński, Editor-in-Chief Warehouse Monitor (Poland)
- Jarlath Sweeney, Editor-in-Chief Fleet Transport (Ireland)
- Mats Udikas, Editor-in-Chief Transportnytt (Sweden)
- Executive Jury Chairperson is Anita Würmser, logistics journalist and Managing Director of wuermser.communications