SHD Logistics is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC

This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.

Hornby Hobbies moves to new warehouse

Hornby Hobbies has successfully completed a warehouse move to new facilities in Hersden, Canterbury which will be run by specialist firm, DS Logistics.

Hornby Hobbies owns iconic Hornby model rail and has evolved to incorporate famous UK brands such as Airfix and Humbrol in model kits and paints, Corgi in die-cast and Scalextric slot racing. Hornby has expanded internationally with the acquisition of Electrotren, Rivarossi, Jouef and Arnold.

The new warehouse is a state of the art facility comprising 100,000 square feet, 60% of which is fully racked and capable of holding 7,000 pallets. The remaining 40% of the facility is set up as a pick pack operation that includes internet despatch and space for re-works. We have three loading bays to ensure the smooth operation of inbound containers from the Far East and India. There is also a large yard to the back of the warehouse for container unloading to avoid road congestion into the site.

Red McKay, Supply Chain Director said “The warehouse move was a smooth operation with virtually no disruption to customer deliveries and we are on a programme of continual improvement to continue deliver a great service. We are extremely pleased to be able to confirm that all permanent Hornby staff employed as part of the distribution warehouse team were offered a transfer to the new site.”

Richard Ames, CEO said “The move enables Hornby Hobbies to improve upon turnaround times and creates an infrastructure that provides a platform for growth while improving our service to both consumers and customers. No jobs have been lost as part of the move. All the permanent Hornby staff employed as part of the distribution warehouse team were offered a transfer to DS logistics and the team are now working at the new site.”

Hide comments
account-default-image

Comments

  • Allowed HTML tags: <em> <strong> <blockquote> <br> <p>

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
Publish