Transaid is inviting bikers to join its first-ever biker meet and barbeque on 1st July. This is a fantastic opportunity to take your motorbike for a spin, enjoy a great ride and meet like-minded people from across the transport and logistics industry, whilst raising valuable funds and awareness for Transaid in the process.
Choose your own route to the National Motorcycle Museum in Birmingham, where you'll be met by many other biking enthusiasts.
Hear more about Transaid and enjoy a delicious barbeque lunch where you'll be in the running to win an award. Do you have the oldest bike? Or the cleanest bike?
The cost to register to take part in The Great Transport & Logistics Biker Meet is £100 + VAT (£50 + VAT for a pillion). Additional fundraising will be gratefully received but is not compulsory.
Included in the ticket:
- A sizeable donation to Transaid
- Barbeque lunch and soft drinks
- Network with fellow industry professionals
- Free entry to the museum - see the world's largest collection of British motorbikes
- Learn about Transaid's work with motorbikes in sub-Saharan Africa
- Plenty of fantastic prizes to be won and goody bags to take home
- Clipper Logistics' Mike Daly - a Transaid Ambassador and co-organiser of the event - says: "It's a fantastic opportunity for bikers from across the industry to get behind Transaid's life-saving transport programmes."
- Transaid is an international development organisation that transforms lives through safe, available and sustainable transport.
Motorbikes are a vital source of transportation in many developing countries and have featured in several of Transaid's programmes including in Uganda, Zambia and Tanzania. In Uganda, Transaid worked with boda boda drivers (local motorcycle taxis) to introduce a sustainable system to facilitate better access to emergency maternal health services.
In the last quarter of 2014 alone, Transaid helped almost 1,000 expectant mothers to deliver their babies at a healthcare facility, making delivery safer for both mother and child.
Funds raised by events such as The Great Transport & Logistics Biker Meet allows Transaid to continue this vital work and expand its projects further.
To join the ride, please visit www.eventbrite.co.uk and search for 'The Transaid Motorbike Meet' to purchase your ticket. To find out further information, please contact Harry Wells firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7389 8136.