Autonomous vehicles (AVs) will be transformational. At the SHD Logistics Spring Conference - sponsored by Swisslog and taking place on 4 May 2017 at London's BMA House - expert Andrew Cameron, director at WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, will share his work on autonomous vehicles and their potential impact on places, spaces and our transport networks.
Andrew is an engineer with a background in transportation, architectural engineering and urban design. He has over 20 years’ experience in how we can plan for movement whilst at the same time creating great streets and enjoyable places.
He has been involved in many regeneration and master planning projects for villages, towns and cities in the UK and around the world. These include the £8B Earls Court redevelopment which will stitch new London streets into the fractured fabric of this part of the city and Birmingham Connected which will address the over dominance of the motor vehicle to create better transit and a more walkable public realm.
Andrew has acted as an advisor to Government for The House of Commons Select Committees on Housing and Sustainable Communities. He is co-author of national and local design guidance, including The Urban Design Compendium, Manual for Streets 1 and 2, Designing Streets (for the Scottish Government) and The Abu Dhabi Urban Street Design Manual. He is a Design Review Panel Member for The Design Council CABE, MADE and OPUN.
Other speakers on the day include:
• Intralogistics Automation: Imagine the future, James Sharples, Managing Director, Swisslog (UK)
• Retail focused click and collect, Ged Keogh-Peters, Director Supply Chain Strategy, John Lewis Partnership & Richard Ball, Transport Director, Clipper Logistics
• Blockchain, Big Data & The Internet of Things, Prof. Samir S Dani, University of Huddersfield
• Notre Dame vs the FBI: Sourcing technology from outside logistics, Dave Walmsley, Managing Director, Palletways & Luis Zubialde, chief operating officer, Palletways
• Technology in logistics - what future for workers? Jon Sleeman, Director EMEA and UK Logistics Research at JLL.
Venue: BMA House, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9JP
Date: Thursday 4 May 2017
Time: 9.30 - 16.30
Price: £295 + VAT (earlybird special offer of £245+VAT until 31 March 2017)
Contact: [email protected]