Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
I am actively looking to engage seasoned logistics professionals for one of the most high-profile opportunities within the logistics across the Midlands. You will be responsible for maximising efficiency and optimising productivity in a hugely varied role, all with plenty of challenges along the way!
My client is an established household name, and sector leading, within food and FMCG distribution. They are currently expanding their operations in the Alfreton area. As one of the highest remunerating companies in the sector, they are actively searching for only the highest calibre talent to join their new start-up operation.
On a daily basis the successful Transport Section Manager will report into the Transport Operations Manager. The operation will be responsible for the supply of goods to over 120+ stores across the United Kingdom. A key understanding of VOSA regulations and compliance will be key in ensuring deliveries are made in a timely manner. Overall the Transport Section Manager will be responsible for the following:
* Managing a team of over 30+ drivers and 5x office based staff on a daily basis.
* Ensuring overall fleet compliance in-line with VOSA regulations.
* Responsibility for drivers hours, rotas, holidays, and business rewards scheme.
* Ensuring KPI's are set and achieved in line with business goals.
* Overall responsibility for on-time delivery scheduling
* Oversight of a transport planning function responsible for a variety of multi-drop, temperature controlled, fleet across the country.
* Responsibility for transportation cost control, especially within a cost-driven sub-contractor network.
In order gain a positive response in this Transport Section Manager application you will desirably hold the following skills and experiences:
* 3+ years experience in transport operations management of teams exceeding 30+ direct reports
* Desirable experience would include chilled, ambient, or frozen distribution
* 3PL or large corporate logistics experience would be advantageous
* Degree level education (BSc, BA, BEng, etc) would be beneficial.
* CPC (International & National) would improve your application.
* Commutable to the wider Alfreton area.
* A strong grounding in CI or Kaizen based improvement projects.
* Experience of project start-ups.
* Overall the role would suit established Team Leader's, Supervisor, First Line Managers, Shift Managers, Transport Managers currently within the logistics sector.
The successful Transport Section Manager will fulfil either a nights or days shift pattern of their choosing. The package on offer will provide the following remuneration:
* £36,500 rising to £42,524 after 2 years (Days).
* £43,557 rising to £50,277 after 2 years (Nights).
* 5 weeks' annual leave plus standard Bank Holiday Allowance.
* Competitive bonuses.
* Excellent opportunities for progression.