Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
Your role as Transport Administrator is to plan and coordinate the dispatch and collection of items in a timely and efficient manner.
You will be joining a creative business who work with industry leading brands, their clients are at the forefront of their work and have a collaborative approach to produce the best, high quality products.
As Transport Administrator your role will involve:
* Plan and co-ordinate the dispatch and collection of items in a timely and efficient manner taking full responsibility for ensuring all completed customer orders are dispatched on time and in full
* Act as the main point of contact within the company for any transport queries
* Ensure transport requirements are planned, wherever possible, to avoid unnecessary additional cost
* Implement procedures to ensure efficient transport management processes, automating and stream-lining processes wherever possible
* Ensure all vehicle costs are entered into the relevant jobs to allow estimate/actual analysis to be prepared and corrective actions implemented in order to reduce future costs
* Ensure that customers & account's receive Proof of Delivery information when required
* Proactively liaise with the Client Services team and customers about any transport issues
* Investigation and resolution of all insurance claims for carriers in terms of lost or damaged goods
* Co-ordination with the dispatch team to plan and schedule right first time/on time collection and delivery of products to the customer
* Tracking transport supplier performance
* Complete purchase order's & upload data into the system - ensuring current delivery and pricing information is correct
* Checking the submitted invoices from Transport Suppliers to ensure accurate prices are being charged
* Resolve any invoice queries
* Ensuring we are operating in-line with existing and any new transport regulations
* Generate labels for deliveries.
To be sucessfull with your application of Transport Administrator you will have:
* Previous experience in Transport
* Excellent negotiation skills with the tenacity and thirst to drive down costs to ensure maximum savings
* Advanced knowledge of MS Office required
* Passionate about providing excellent customer care
* Able to multitask and react to changes with positive results
* Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
* Be able to handle pressure to meet delivery deadlines.
* You will be based in Cheadle working full time Monday - Friday
* You will receive an attractive salary, holiday entitlement, pension contribution