Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
The Warehouse Operations Manager will take operational leadership responsibility for managing a safe and efficient operation to help achieve operational standards and the customer(s)
My Client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector and is a global brand. This particular site is a Regional and National Distribution centre for one contract with a large team.
The Operations Manager based in Swindon will be responsible for..
Health and Safety
* Analyse and understand health and safety related risks for our associates, take action to reduce or eliminate these risks according to a prioritised plan
* Take responsibility for managing and running a safe operation and driving a Safety First Culture with all individuals in the operation by applying and improving the Safety Standards
* Driving continuous improvement quarter-on-quarter based on removing barriers to improved performance for the department where necessary
* Drive KPI's through the managment team down to operatives
Update Monthly Resource Planning, based on volume and volume profile forecast (info from customer) and align actions needed with site manager if necessary (hiring, temporary labour, labour share, etc.)
Review Monthly Resource Planning comparing real vs. forecast of volumes, volume profile and resources assigned
* Have clear understanding of Performance Tracking Tool (data system) applicable to your role, ensuring performance is tracked properly and numbers are accurate
* Track site overall turnover rate and per Second Line Leadership, understanding differences between shifts and leadership teams
* Track % of overtime at site level and identify opportunities for improvement
* Monitor overall status of % of employees who received formal performance reviews - via the Dashboard
* Participate in Performance Management Meetings with the general / site manager, discussing the shift's needs and priorities, ensuring that relevant action is taken by your team and/or support areas
* Demonstrate an active leadership style, taking full responsibility for driving an engagement culture in the operation
* Leverage HR processes and tools to encourage and support the growth and development of individuals
* Review the priorities for implementation with Second Line Leadership, guiding the team to improvement actions that add value to customer / business, and ensure actions are implemented
* Track % VSM Action Plan Completed vs. Expected, understanding the gap and supporting where necessary
* Support Business Development / Account Management on contractual and commercial issues and customer renewal planning.
* Ensure the Customer Satisfaction Survey for the site takes place as scheduled. Define, agree and implement relevant actions to close gaps that have been identified.
* Act as the first point of contact for the customer relating to site operation matters and build a good relationship to develop trust and ensure strong engagement.
The successful candidate have Operations experience managing a team Capability of deploying strategic plans for the operation Customer facing experience, is an advantage Financial acumen, budget management
The successful Operations Manager in Swindon will receive...
* A salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience
* 7.5% Bonus
* % - 9% or 4% and 12% pension
* Life Assurance
* Private health care
* 25 day + Bank Holidays