Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
This is a great opportunity for anyone with past experience managing a Logistics division to take full responsibility on a multi-site operation, for a market leading organisation.
The business which I've partnered up with are a market leader in providing business services across a numbers of sectors, which include; Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Medical & Hospitality. They're looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to join their business in Durham, however this person will have management responsibilities across multiple sites.
As the Logistics Manager you will be expected to lead, manage and continually develop the Logistics teams in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Site/Plant and Company Business Plan. Work closely with the production team to continuously improve customer service excellence through the logistics department ensuring distribution has maximum efficiency and economy, improving people development and a developing a lean culture.
* Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
* Ensure risk assessments are undertaken and implemented on customer premises for major changes/new business when required as advised by the relevant customer account team.
* Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate (i.e. Telematics, Dynamics) to resolve all logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices. (e.g. weight checking, mileage/km fuel consumption, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries to customers.
* Planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet logistics requirements of the business, including temporary workers.
* Lead, manage, control and development of personnel (including absence, disciplinary and grievance, Health and Safety Training, driver assessments) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
* Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
* Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved and all routes are profitable.
* Prepare commission calculations for the departments drivers and ensure the relevant systems are maintained with accurate information (e.g. TMS, Dynamics).
* Management of warehouse facilities and processes including retained master samples, inspection of incoming goods.
* Issue of components and raw materials to production departments and movement of finished goods from production department to storage or despatch.
* To achieve the aim of: The right components, to the accepted quality, issued at the agreed time and in the correct quantity.
* Management of inventory to include application of FIFO principles, perpetual stock checking system. Maintain stock accuracy and investigate errors.
The successful candidate for the Logistics Manager role will ideally have the following key skills & qualities:
* Previous experience managing a Logistics function
* Previously worked within a fast-paced environment
* Good understanding of telematics
* Customer focused
* Able to demonstrate cost saving methods
* Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams
* Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team
* Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner
* IT literate (Microsoft Office)
* Experience of lean (Six Sigma) implementation in lean manufacturing systems
* Financial knowledge covering budget forecasting
* Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or experience in leading and managing a team within a customer focused environment, with a track record of success.
* Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
* CPC holder
£40,000 - £45,000