Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
I am actively looking to engage transport managerial candidates for an exciting, and career developing, opportunity in the Nottingham area as a Logistics Depot Supervisor.
My client is a world-leading FTSE-250 business with a pan-European remit. Through a series of mergers, my client is now rapidly expanding its offerings in Nottingham. A new depot and fleet has recently been purchased in the Nottingham area. Our area of operations is spread across a variety of different sectors - FMCGs, Fashion & Textiles.
As a Logistics Depot Supervisor you will report into a Regional Depot Manager, who has responsibilities across three individual sites. You will be responsible for overseeing a group of 35+ drivers and 2x Supervisors. Your remit will also cover the following:
* Direct line management for 35+ drivers and 2x Supervisors.
* Monitor all transport compliance (i.e tacho infringement, ADR regulations, WTR directives).
* Ensuring the transport fleet is serviced and operating in line with VOSA regulations.
* Ensure the customer is placed at the heart of all decision making.
* Troubleshoot customer issues and resolved delivery problems in a timely manner.
* Effective route-planning for a fleet of vehicles.
* Undertake a vast array of HR tasks - discplinaries, pay-queries, holidays, PDR's, 1-to-1's.
The successful Logistics Depot Supervisor will have the following skills and attributes. A pre-requisite for the opportunity is past experience in similar positions in the transport & logistics industry.
* 3+ years experience in a transport supervisor or planning role.
* A managerial CPC is desirable, but not essential.
* Experience in fleet management and compliance (i.e. ADR / Tacho Infringements)
* Proven history of management of over 25+ drivers
* Transport planning experience in either a multi or single drop environment.
* Commutable to the Nottingham area.