Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
The Distribution Center Manager is responsible for building a high-performing culture to exceed internal and external customer expectations.
My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector.
The Distribution Centre Manager in Weston-Super-Mare will be responsible for...
* Provides strategic leadership and direction for a fast moving, customer-focused distribution centre to enable growth and profitability.
* Works as a member of a cross-functional team including Sales, Distribution Centre Operations, Quality, Continuous Improvement and Supply Chain professionals to set strategy and optimise process opportunities.
* Solves problems related to production and operations to minimise costs and delays.
* Assures optimum utilisation of equipment, raw materials and labor.
* Work with all Company departments to ensure customer satisfaction and new opportunities for business and product growth.
* Conducts Root Cause Analysis and issues corrective actions to prevent the re occurrence of issues affecting manufacturing performance
Builds High Performance teams by recruiting, training, and developing subordinates as well as setting expectations and goals
Communicates with other key leaders to ensure proper material and product handling, maintenance, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures
Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve quality
* In consultation with the HR Team, provide human resource management, including the establishment of job descriptions, hiring, training and development, goal setting and evaluation, compensation and rewards, promotions, discipline and termination of all Distribution Centre employees.
The Distribution Centre Manager will have...
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and business information and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Has experience within Warehouse Management
* Have previously worked in a manufacturing environment
* Previous experience with SAP desirable
The Distribution Centre Manager will receive...
* A salary of between £35,000-£45,000 depending on experience
* Pension Scheme
* Monday-Friday day shifts