SEEGRID highlights forklift fatalities in white paper 'Forklift-Free:Driving Safety and Profitability'
SEEGRID, provider of vision-guided flexible AGVs, has published a white paper,'Forklift-Free:Driving Safety and Profitability'.The paper discusses reasons to move towards forklift-free, to a more efficient form of transport–automated guided vehicles (AGVs). The company claim within the paper, using sources including OSHA and the National Institute of Standards and Technology, that forklift free is a safer and more profitable option.
According to the white paper, every year hundreds of fatalities occur from forklifts worldwide. Federal OSHA estimates that in the United States alone, there are nearly 100 worker fatalities and another 20,000 seriously injured in forklift-related incidents annually. According to the National Institute of Standards and Technology:
• OSHA estimates that there are 110,000 forklifts accidents each year
• $135 million immediate costs are incurred due to forklift accidents
• Approximately every 3 days, someone in the US is killed in a forklift related accident
• Almost 80% of forklift accidents involved a pedestrian
• 1 in 6 of all workplace fatalities in the US are forklift related
Read the white paper in full in the attached document.