Apply Now or Show me all current vacancies
Our client, a market leading distributor and retailer of specialist products across the UK & Europe, are recruiting for an experienced General Manager to lead one of their key distribution centres in Stevenage.
Our client are a market leading wholesaler & distributor of specialist products across the UK & Europe.
* Develop, gain agreement and implement the budget for the Service Centre
* Control and enhance all areas of service centre margins
* Ensure all operating standards are met through compliance to company policies and procedures and adherence to legislation
* Act as site designate RP
* Work with internal and external individuals and groups to ensure standards are achieved and maintained
* Ensure that security procedures are in place and maintained and liaise with appropriate personnel to achieve required levels
* Implement Service Centre policies and procedures to meet business needs
* Implement and maintain appropriate communication channels across the Service Centre to involve all people and ensure communication links are developed across departments within the Service Centres
* Share best practice with Operations colleagues
* Previous experience of managing a fast moving, high volume Distribution Centre
* Awareness of retail and pharmaceutical environments would be advantageous
* Experience of developing and sustaining productive customer relationships in a customer focused environment
* Strong communicator who can clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message
* Demonstrable experience of building and developing teams to optimise potential and support the achievement of business objectives
This role represents an excellent opportunity to work with a successful, market leading business to manage one of their key distribution centres in Stevenage. If you are an ambitious, talented General Manager with experience of large scale, FMCG operations please get in touch!